HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hawaii Department of Health is alerting Hawaii residents and visitors to avoid using five Johnson & Johnson made sunscreens that have been recalled for containing low levels of benzene, a cancer-causing agent.
Consumers should stop using the affected products and discard or return them immediately.
The recalled products are spray-on sunscreens, specifically:
- NEUTROGENA® Beach Defense® aerosol sunscreen,
- NEUTROGENA® Cool Dry Sport aerosol sunscreen,
- NEUTROGENA® Invisible Daily™ defense aerosol sunscreen,
- NEUTROGENA® Ultra Sheer® aerosol sunscreen, and
- AVEENO® Protect + Refresh