Just one pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium whole wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm parts and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups incredibly hot drinking water
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a huge cooking pot around medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for a moment stirring with a picket spoon. Insert the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Add 50 percent of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Increase calamari parts and rings, stir and prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce warmth to medium. Stir in the orzo and cook dinner for a moment, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the sizzling water very little by minimal stirring constantly with a wood spoon. The orzo will take in it quickly. It can take about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook this way and become al dente. Not also gentle when you bite it. Insert the relaxation of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, after you have stirred in all the drinking water and the orzo has cooked to al dente, take the pot off the warmth and enable stand for a number of minutes. The a lot more orzo sits the extra it absorbs the sauce so will not get worried if the sauce would not seem as thick. It will get there even if it truly is taken off from the warmth.
- Serve orzo with a great deal of freshly floor pepper, drizzle with olive oil on leading with basil leaves.
(Visited 437 situations, 2 visits currently)