TOMS RIVER, NJ — The Ocean County Health Department has released a free app for your mobile phone or tablet that will give users updates on when vaccination clinic appointments become available, among many features.
The app can be downloaded free from Google Play, Android and Apple app stores.
It will provide residents a way to connect with all the programs, services, special events, health resources and latest public health news and topics. A special COVID-19 feature on the app has a variety of information from testing and travel advisories to notifications on when vaccination clinic appointments become available.
“The Ocean County Health Department has really been looking forward to providing this new free service for all its residents – especially during the pandemic,” said Daniel Regenye, the public health coordinator and health officer for the department. He said the app is “extremely user friendly.”
“Technology now is allowing us to be proactive by disseminating critical information more timely and consistently,” said Brian Lippai, the public information officer. “The timing is right too as we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and our residents are craving information about all the latest developments regarding the vaccine roll out process, when clinic appointments open up, testing and so much more.”
Having the app, people can now find this information available right at their fingertips. In just a few clicks, users can access features including:
- Up-to-the-minute news alerts/push notifications covering health department COVID-19 services and data, emergency preparedness and Health Alert Network reports, media advisories and news releases covering a wide range of public health topics.
- Users can sign up for alerts from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and access links from the CDC and NJ Department of Health. These links offer guidance documents for local businesses, schools, faith-based communities, health care providers and other disease control resources.
- A Wellness Check to help determine if someone has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Trending articles under Health Topics.
- Helpful resources under Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and the Infectious /Communicable Disease Unit.
- Information about other health department programs, including the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention programs, Health Clinic services and Environmental programs. For animal lovers, adorable cats and dogs are showcased from the two Ocean County Animal Facilities.
Download the Ocean County Health Department mobile app free of charge onto your smartphone or tablet at this link.